Delaware rescission of ConCon
Delaware's rescission of its calls for a Constitutional Convention
HOUSE CONCURRENT RESOLUTION NO. 60
RESCINDING ALL PREVIOUS REQUESTS BY THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF THE STATE OF DELAWARE FOR A FEDERAL CONSTITUTIONAL CONVENTION.
WHEREAS, the General Assembly of the State of Delaware has, at various times, previously made applications to the Congress of the United States of America to call a convention to propose amendments concerning specific subjects to the United States Constitution, pursuant to Article V; and
WHEREAS, over the course of time, the will of the people of the State of Delaware may have changed with regard to the General Assembly’s previous calls for a convention to amend the United States Constitution; and
WHEREAS, the General Assembly of the State of Delaware does not want its previous applications for a constitutional convention, most of which were made over 3 decades ago, to be aggregated with calls for a convention from other states.
BE IT RESOLVED by the House of Representatives of the 148th General Assembly of the State of Delaware, the Senate concurring therein, that the General Assembly rescinds all prior applications to the Congress of the United States of America to call a convention pursuant to Article V of the United States Constitution, including all of the following:
1. House Joint Resolution No. 7 (1907).
2. Senate Concurrent Resolution No. 6 of the 109th General Assembly (1943).
3. House Concurrent Resolution No. 2 of the 126th General Assembly (1971).
4. House Concurrent Resolution No. 36 of the 128th General Assembly (1976).
5. House Joint Resolution No. 43 of the 128th General Assembly (1976).
6. House Concurrent Resolution No. 9 of the 129th General Assembly (1977).
7. Senate Concurrent Resolution No. 79 of the 129th General Assembly (1978).
8. House Concurrent Resolution No. 56 of the 137th General Assembly (1994).
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that copies of this resolution be sent to the President and the Secretary of the United States Senate, the Speaker and the Clerk of the United States House of Representatives, members of the Delaware congressional delegation, and the Administrator of the United States General Services Administration.
This concurrent resolution rescinds all previous requests by the Delaware General Assembly for a federal constitutional convention.